Pleasant Valley Recipes
A little bit of your favorite camp food in your very own home.
1 (16 ounce) jar sauerkraut, drained
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
2 cups shredded swiss cheese
2 cups diced pastrami and/or chipped beef or shredded cooked corned beef
1/4 cup thousand island dressing
In a slow cooker, combine the sauerkraut, cream cheese, Swiss cheese, corned beef and thousand island dressing. Cover, and cook on high for 45 minutes if you're in a hurry, low for longer if you're not, or just until hot and cheese is melted. Stir occasionally while cooking. Serve with cocktail rye or crackers.
Oooey Gooey Chocolate Cake
1 package German Chocolate Cake Mix
1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
1 jar caramel ice cream topping
About 3-4 Heath Bars, finely chopped
1 container frozen whipped topping, thawed
Bake cake according to package directions for a 9x13in. pan. Cool slightly. Using the handle of a wooden spoon, poke holes all over the cake. Slowly pour the can of sweetened condensed milk and the jar of caramel sauce over the warm cake letting it fill up those holes. Then sprinkle the crushed candy bars liberally across the entire cake. Let the cake cool completely, then top with whipped topping. Decorate the top of the cake with more of the Heath bar chunks and swirls of the caramel topping. Refrigerate and serve right from the pan!
12 Large Eggs
½ cup Milk
½ tsp. Salt
1 cup Shredded Cheese
1 lb. Sausage, browned
2 Tbsp. Butter
2 Tbsp. Flour
2 cups Milk
½ cup Salsa Verde
½ tsp Garlic Powder
¼ tsp Chili Powder
¼ tsp Ground Cumin
½ cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, whisk eggs with milk. Add salt. Pour the beaten eggs into a greased saucepan and cook on medium heat, stirring occasionally until they are scrambled, but still fairly moist. Set aside.
3. Whisk the butter and flour together over medium high heat in a medium sized pan to make the cheese sauce. After whisking the butter and flour into a paste, continue to cook for one or two minutes whisking constantly. Gradually whisk in the milk and bring to a gentle boil, stirring occasionally. When the sauce has thickened slightly, add the salsa verde, spices and cheese. Stir together until smooth. Remove from heat and set aside.
4. When the eggs, sausage and cheese sauce are ready, lay out the tortillas on your work surface, and divide the eggs, sausage and shredded cheese evenly between the eight tortillas. Spread ½ cup of the cheese sauce on the bottom of a greased 9x13” baking dish. Roll the tortillas up and place them seam down in the baking dish. 5. Pour the remaining cheese sauce over the top of the tortillas and then sprinkle with cheese. Bake for 20-25 minutes. The edges of the tortillas will be golden brown and the cheese will be bubbly.
French Toast Bake with Dried Cherries
And Honey Roasted Pecans
2 loaves Texas Toast, cubed
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 salted butter
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. vanilla
Dried Cherries (optional)
Honey Roasted Pecans, chopped (optional)
Melt butter and combine with brown sugar. Bring to a boil over low heat. Remove from heat and stir in cinnamon and vanilla.
Pour a small amount of the brown sugar mixture in the bottom of a greased 9x13in pan. Cover with the cubes of bread, cherries and pecans. Pour the remaining brown sugar mixture evenly over the top. Whisk the eggs and pour over the top. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Bake covered at 375 for 40 minutes or until eggs are baked and the top is golden brown. Serve with syrup...
½ cup Butter, melted
1 cup Brown Sugar
1 Cup Milk
2 Tbsp Baking Powder
2 tsp Cinnamon
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
3 Cups Quick Oatmeal
½ tsp Salt
Combing all the ingredients and pour into a greased 9x13” baking dish.
Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown and set in the center.
Optional additions include: ½ cup Peanut Butter, ½ cup M&M’s or Chocolate Chips, ½ cup Blueberries or Dried Cranberries or ¼ cup Almonds or Other Chopped Nuts.
8 oz. Cream Cheese, softened
6 oz. Yogurt, any flavor
14 oz. Marshmallow Cream
Blend ingredients together. Serve with your favorite fruit assortment.
** This also makes a great “sauce” for a fruit pizza. Just spread it over a sugar cookie or graham cracker crust and top with your favorite fruit pizza toppings.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
(Gluten Free, Peanut Free…but still Yummy!)
½ cup Butter
½ cup Packed Brown Sugar
1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
2 cups Peanut Butter (PVBC uses WOWButter…a Peanut Butter Substitute)
2 ½ cups Powdered Sugar
2 cups Semisweet Chocolate Chips
1. Melt butter over low heat. Add sugars, peanut butter and vanilla. Mix well.
2. Press into a 9x13” pan.
3. Melt chocolate chips and spread over the top. Cool.
1 Boxed Cake Mix, any flavor
1 Stick of Butter, melted
8 oz. Cream Cheese, softened
3 ¾ cups Powdered Sugar
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1. Mix together dry cake mix, melted butter and 1 egg until a soft dough forms. Press into bottom of 9x13” baking pan.
2. Beat cream cheese, 2 eggs, sugar and vanilla until smooth. Pour over cake mix layer.
3. Bake 30 minutes or until edges are golden brown and center has a soft set consistency.
4. Cool completely before cutting.